Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SPIDER-MAN!!!

My latest cake request was for a spider-man themed party. I was given a cake to imitate and we bounced around a few different options and this is what I came up with! 


I did a "small" personal cake for the birthday boy (I used an "recycled" tuna can)
Also, here you can see the fondant spider-man faces in progress!

More of in process (marshmallow fondant with edible marker)


Cake frosted in butter cream and "crusting" so I can smooth it.


I used my leaf cookie cutter from my flower set to do the eyes!


Here is a video of the cake (I put fondant buildings with comic windows around the main cake)


Top view of cake finished!


Everything together! :) 



birthday boy and his cake! :)

                                        


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic cakes! So much fun to look at these pictures and see your creative ideas. I bet that little boy was as pleased as can be with Spiderman for his birthday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're very talented. Self taught? I never taught myself anything that great.

    Love,
    Janie Lola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am self taught. I like to find ideas on line and then try them to learn new techniques. Always something new to try and grow that way!

      Delete
  3. Very intresting and lovely blog!

    What do u say about following each others blog on Gfc and bloglovin just to stay in contact this way?

    Lots of love,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete