Monday, April 23, 2012

I was "hired" to make a princess cake for my Hubbies cousin's little girl (say that 10 times fast!)


Up first a two layer round cake. Here it is crumb coated and waiting for fondant!


Fondant (made in advance) being mixed in a plastic baggie; which was sprayed with cooking spray to avoid sticking. I added my coloring and mixed till evenly colored. I then sprayed my counter with cooking spray and rolled the fondant large enough to cover the cake, smoothed, and trimmed off excess.

Here is the cake with a "quilted" top and a rounded lip!


Sheet cake in butter cream waiting to set so I can smooth it (done by waiting for a slight crust on frosting then use a paper towel and lightly rub over cake! If the paper towel is textured it WILL show up on the cake)

Smoothed cake with round cake in place!



All decorated (pre-jewels) I added some edible glitter to the top of the round cake for extra sparkle!




Cupcakes with a simple flower ribbon texture on  top! 


Sorry this last pix is a little blurry!



Cake with added jewels! Great job adding the Bling Brittany it really added a LOT to the overall design!!!




Beautiful     Birthday   Girl!!!!!!          



No comments:

Post a Comment